Saturday, December 27, 2008

Posts?

Remember when I had ninjaplease.com? I do. It was a lot of fun writing that. Unfortunately, the advent of myspace and facebook, tweets, blogspot and the like, have actually demarcated a moment in time between old school bloggers and new school bloggers. Not to sound like an geezer, but I started writing ninjaplease in 1998, almost 10 years ago. It ran continuously until 2003, when I got divorced, and lost interest in posting feelings for everyone to see. The only other blog I know of that is running from that time is captainbunny.com, run by my friend Karen Lai. Strangely, when scrambler asked me to do this blog, i didn't want to. Many, many people have blogs these days. Alot. There is a bit of apathy that is magnified by the feeling of pointlessness to blogging these days. However, there are things I used to get out of it, personally. I've noticed my writing has been horrible lately. I misspell words, dyslexically type things, and feel as though my brain is in atrophy. When I was in high school, I wrote a short story about a college kid with lots of potential, who grows up and melts into normalcy. Kind of like "Flowers for Algernon", without the super sad ending and mental retardation to start. I think not having a need to write daily is fucking me up. I am very challenged in my job; it requires me think creatively, problem solve on the fly, and juggle a lot of things at once. But does the world need another blog? Can't I just write in a note book? Or is the structure of a blog a benefit to me mentally? Knowing that other people may potentially read my words carries a weight of responsibilility to grammer, feelings, structure, and tone. Does the world want to hear what I have to say? Not likely, and not in this forum. I do miss writing, or having something like this to do...First post.."How I've alienated so many friends, I don't get invited to weddings anymore!"

PS. J, Luc, Freshta...wish we were all in one spot...

No comments: